On days that i end up working from home, I'll usually have something other than a peanut-butter sandwich for lunch. Last week, I made an omelet for Evelyn for breakfast, and it looked so good, i made one for myself for lunch. Here it is, with the recipe following.
1 8inch skillet (preferably nonstick)
two eggs (beaten, can add milk or water to thin if you want)
handful of fresh spinach leaves, chopped
1/4 cup diced onion (well a little bit anyway, to taste of course)
one small green pepper, diced (they were especially small at the growers market this week)
sprinkle of cheese
1 tbs olive oil
1. heat oil in the skillet on medium-high heat
2. add onion and peppers and cook until they get soft/translucent (In this case, I forgot about my pepper until after i'd already finished the rest, that's why it's on top - still good, though)
3. add spinach and allow to wilt (takes about 30 seconds)
4. spread the veggies evenly across bottom of the pan
5. add eggs
6. as it begins to set, pull an edge toward the center with a rubber spatula and allow some uncooked egg to run into newly vacated space in the skillet - repeat around the edges. Should take about 2 minutes total cooking time
7. flip omelet over (I usually use a big wide spatula for this)and allow to cook on the other side for another 30 seconds or so
8. sprinkle cheese on one side and fold over.
9. salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!